Total Pageviews

Monday, January 10, 2011

Foosball in Breckenridge

Saturday, January 8, 2011 was an exciting day and night for me, my husband, and friends.  We were invited to stay with friends at a condo in Dillon, CO.  We arrived Friday evening and got to play foosball down the road from the condo.  The tables were well maintained and we had a great time challenging each other.  The bar owner, Tony, played a few games with us which we appreciated.  He clearly had a love for the game and quick reflexes.  Saturday we went snowboarding all day and were physically tired by the end of the day.  After a long day riding, we sat in the hot tub and pool and relaxed a bit.  Around 8:30 pm, after taking a nap, we headed to Breckenridge for some more foosball.  After a few drinks and some deep-fried macaroni and cheese triangles at the Mother Loaded Bar, we were almost ready to go back to the condo.  Fortunately, Ryan Knapton and Kristin Nuss showed up and we were able to play until the bar closed.  They arrived with an entourage of other foosers and it was clear we were the odd balls.  After we proved ourselves on the table, the group became friendlier.  Ryan remembered me from the one and only tournament I entered in July of 2007.  I guess I did alright then.  My husband Dave and I stepped up to the plate and were able to come home with several wins.  It was great meeting new foosers and we enjoyed the friendly competition.  My husband convinced me to ask for Kristin's phone number since we know very few women who play.  I dreamed about foosball and the great night we had.  This trip might just be my motivation to play in another tournament.  Breckenridge, Ryan, and Kristin may have lit my foosball fire!

1 comment:

  1. That night was SO fun! The players there were super intense and it really made me want to do better. Even just watching them, I learned a lot. It seemed like they all liked the Mother Loaded Tavern and that it was a regular "spot" for super good players.

    ReplyDelete